Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I love mp3s


I've had one for years and years. The first 2 I got weren't iPods because I was grumpy about the fact that Steve Jobs cornered the market on downloading music. Then I finally got one and the rest is history. Damn that Jobs and his succubus iTunes.

Anyway, over the 10 years or so of me owning a "music machine" as I call it, I have a few songs that I have to have. From the machine that only held about 30 songs (if they were short) to my latest that has over 1100 and can still hold more, I copy these over without fail to every new machine. Just another one of my weird habits.

  • Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega (I heard it was the first song ever recorded to mp3. It's a mini history lesson)
  • She is Beautiful by Andrew WK (Great song for running. The beats are exactly my pace and I like to pretend he's singing about me)
  • Blister in the Sun by Violent Femmes (never forget that I'm an 80s lady)
  • How Soon is Now? by the Smiths (What can I say? I'm a bit of a fan)
That's it. Those are the songs. It isn't many because when you have an mp3 player that only holds a couple of songs, you want to rotate out as many as possible. But I just couldn't bear to ever erase those.

kxx

No comments: