Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Household pet peeves


After waking up to the dishwasher not having been turned on last night, I thought I'd regale you with a fun and jaunty list of things around the house that piss me off. Just to be clear, 90% of these jobs are my responsibility which makes it all the more important to get back to being a Flylady.

  • not running the dishwasher overnight
  • having crumbs on my hardwood floors that stick to my feet, necessitating slippers
  • not being able to find a pen/pencil/paper/eraser/sharpener
  • having half done laundry in the morning
  • cooking in a messy kitchen
  • dustHarveys (dustbunnies that are 6'3 or taller)
  • finding nerf darts all over the house
  • not knowing how old something in the fridge is
I'm sure there are tons more but I have some work to do. I need to clean the kitchen, sweep, unload the dishwasher, and write a note to Audrey's teacher. Hey!

kxx

*Just to let you know, the above photograph is not my kitchen. It just feels like this most days.

3 comments:

kirsten said...

Since my husband left, all the pens he used to religiously keep near phones/light switches by flat surfaces/etc have all disappeared. I hate not having a pen when I'm so used to knowing where to find one!

On the nerf darts-I throw them out. My kids are wasting their allowance buying them, but if they want to leave them all over the floor I reserve the right to throw them out. Since the kids empty the trash you'd think they'd notice . . . .


thanks for the reminder to run the dishwasher.

Chatterbox said...

I know it is not your kitchen ... it belongs to me!!
Not really.
My bedroom is a mess as is my basement. I too need to be cleaning up a mess....

Joy Heather said...

That kitchen looks like mine on na good day..LoL