Friday, April 16, 2010

Looking forward to exercise!


Who said that?

Okay, yes, it was me. A few years ago I went to the gym 3 times a week with a personal trainer, I ran several times a week and even participated in triathlons. Now I'm feeling so lazy and slothful I can barely take care of my basic personal needs. Okay, that's not completely true. I'm apparently eating quite a bit and currently weigh the same as my friend Kathy who's 8 months pregnant.

I attribute it to a combination of being jobless and in the house all the time which leads to baking way more than is sane. Of course the baking leads to the fugue state and the eating and the chewing and the thunder thighs and the Michelin belly. Those things, combined with too much Maury and my Snuggie makes for a big, fat, bald, disgruntled me. I also think I'm suffering from a just a soupçon of depression.

Anyway, with dragonboat season coming up, I've been walking quite a bit with my neighbour Darlene. She's a cross-country skier and knows some really fun, woodsy trails to walk through. Sometimes I can't believe that some of these insanely beautiful places are so close to my house. Full of animals, too. Look! There's a goose in the photo above. This time of the year is perfect too because of my ridiculous, summer-destroying fear of bugs. Thankfully there are none to be seen at this time of the year. Plus we talk and talk and talk which is the frosting on the cupcake. Did someone say cupcake?

Moving on... So I'm off for another long jaunt today. Hopefully before you know it I'll be a lean, mean paddling machine. Well, a mean paddling machine, anyway.

kxx

4 comments:

Joy Heather said...

Was passing through some blogs today..read yours and so enjoyed it..your description matches mine except for the skin colour, (i'm a horrible pasty white at the minute..Roll on Summer )and the hair..IF i looked as good as you with a bald head i'd shave mine off today,...honestly mine is driving me crazy, its got a mind of its own and only looks o.k. when i've just washed it...I hope you dont mind me commenting..dont usually do this..will save your blog to read again..thanks for sharing.

Karen Kaye said...

Are you kidding Joy?

I love when people comment. It reminds me that I'm not posting these in a bubble.

My hair (when I had it) was the complete opposite to yours. It only looked good when it was dirty which caused a whole heap of other, more worrying, problems LOL!

Thanks again for reading the blog. I often wonder who reads them. I find that I'm so boring and uninteresting most of the time!

Chatterbox said...

I love your blog Kaye! I read everyday

Joy Heather said...

No Way..i am loving your blog each time i come onto it.