Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is why I shop every week

In case you were wondering, here's how long household items last in my house:

500g butter: 6 days
1 bag of milk: 1 maybe 2 days
one roll of toilet paper: 1 day
one loaf of bread: 1 day
a frosted layer cake: 3 days
a family sized bag of cookies: 3 days
a family sized box of cereal: one week
1 kg of cheese: 1 week
1 can of concentrated OJ: 3 days
1 kg of strawberries: 1 day
18 eggs: one week (I bake a lot and we often have quiche night)
a box of kleenex: a week
bar of soap: 2 weeks (oh, the damage they'll do when they actually bathe themselves)
a tank of gas: 10 days
8 teaspoons (Not a typo. Mysteriously they constantly go missing): 6 months

Funnily enough, any and all vegetables, unless they're in cans or frozen, go completely bad. I don't know why I bother. Also, where are those jellybeans I had hidden in the pantry?

kxx

3 comments:

kirsten said...

what is a bag of milk, other than a bag of EBM?

Karen Kaye said...

LOL Kirsten! EBM!

I forgot that there are a lot of Americans that read this blog. Our milk comes in 1L bags (I don't have a clue how much that is in "old money") sold together in bags of 3. Here's a link: http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/

They don't sell milk in big plastic jugs here. I've never seen them in a Canadian store in my 42 years. Just bags and cartons.

Joy Heather said...

I had never heard of bags of milk either..i am from the U.K.