Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The weekend was good and bad.


Good:
  • Effing fantastic weather
  • A great bike ride to a local swamp wildlife conservation area with the kids where a chickadee ate out of my hand
  • Lots of baking and cooking
  • A restaurant jaunt
  • Alone time
  • Family time
  • Sleeping in
  • Lots of wine

Bad:
  • The weather was so gorgeous, I was forced to look for shorts and t-shirts from last summer, none of which fit.

I'm not exaggerating. Not one pair of shorts buttoned up without squishy muffin top and all my favourite old t-shirts show my pudgy belly. Oh my God, I'm totally freaking out here. I knew I'd gained a bit of weight over the winter but I never thought it was this bad.

Audrey totally knows what to say to cheer me up. As I sadly gave her my favourite dragonboat tee, she said, "It's okay, mummy, at least you can go shopping." I love her.

kxx

No comments: