Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day recap


I really want Mother's Day to be the days your kids are born. I said it before and I'll say it again... we did all the work and all they did was show up. Where are my presents for the combined 48 hours of labour I suffered to bring these 3 kids into the world? Is it too much to ask for the equivalent in time off from being a mother? Moving on...

We all went to Denny's where I had my first Moon Over My Hammy. It's a sandwich with scrambled eggs, ham, Swiss and cheddar cheese. It was okay but I would have replaced the regular white bread with something more sturdy like a kaiser. The second half of the sandwich got pretty soggy. On the plus side I got three homemade cards from the kids and as a mother I have to say they mean more to me than anything Hallmark can come up with in their sickest fever dreams. What can I say? I'm a walking cliché and I can totally be that sappy mum when pressed.

Then (and here comes the good part) we went to Home Outfitters and bought Terra a slicer/chopper attachment. It's so terrific. Heavy duty and works like a charm. I love it.

After that we rushed home because Elliott's hockey coach had woefully and misguidedly planned the year end team party for today. Obviously the man has an interesting relationship with his wife and his mother. Anyway, my firstborn son and husband were gone for the bulk of the day. I just watched stuff in the queue on my PVR, chopped stuff up with Terra, napped and hung out with my other children. It was so relaxing. The 3 of us even ordered a pizza and ate it off our laps in the living room. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if our dragonboat practice hadn't been cancelled. There was no choice, really. Does anyone want to paddle when it's 1C with driving wind and rain? I love paddling but there are limits.

So it's back to real life in the morning. How was your Mother's Day?

kxx

No comments: