Friday, May 21, 2010

So, you like what I did up there?

I wanted to submit my blog to a "mommy blog" group to get more readers (not that I don't love you all) and they required me to send a "badge". My reaction? "A what-now?" Turns out it's a little photo of the blog that people can add to their blogs to link 'em. Unfortunately my blog didn't have a photo header so I had to make one for a good snapshot of my front page.

So after an afternoon of scouring the internet for badge-making instructions for dummies, swearing at my laptop which incidentally doesn't have a "make a badge" button (get on it, Jobs), and taking photographs of my every body part in various positions (clean, people... geez), I finally settled on the above. I'm no photographer but I think it really looks sharp. And a little spooky. Just the look I was going for. Okay, not really, I was just fed up with effing around. So, opinions? Questions? Comments?

kxx

(PS: This blog will make next to no sense to you if you are reading this on Facebook. Get thee to blogger by clicking "view original post" above)

8 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

I think it looks super cute and I'd love to make one! Any tips on how you did this, other than the swearing which I already have down pat. Ha!

Theta Mom said...

The button looks adorable and I love your sense of humor! Welcome to TMC!!! Following and look forward to blogging with you!

Karen Kaye said...

The photo part was easy. It was the badge that was a complete PITA. For the header you can use any photo in your computer (I had to take one myself hence the extra steps). Just go to your dashboard, then edit your "navbar". It'll ask if you want to put a photo in it and click. Super easy.

As for the badge, I'd have to re-google it... it was such a pain I promptly forgot it once I used it. I blame post-traumatic stress.

Stephanie said...

Hey there! I think you did an amazing job:)
Thanks so so much for stopping by my blog today. I am a fellow Canadain Blogger and your newest follower!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

I have wanted a button/badge for so long, but have NO FREAKIN' CLUE how to do it, and can't justify spending $$ to get one made.

Good job!

I too am from Canada. BC!

kyooty said...

I like it!!!!! I used to live in the Capital region. Nice to see another Canadian Blogger

Sadako said...

I think it looks great. Very nice, classy, just all around good picture.

Dr. Heckle said...

Well, for all the headache it caused you, I think it was worth it! Your button looks very cool.