Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thank goodness for Facebook


I got a notice from Facebook that my wedding anniversary is Sunday. After some extensive research and a few interviews, it turns out that Facebook is indeed correct. My husband and I will have been married for 17 years.

Personally I think it's more important to celebrate the day we met. I mean, nothing that came after would have happened if not for that fateful wonderful day. Besides, we've only been married 17 years. I'd rather people know that we've been together for 22 years. Sounds far more oppressive. I mean impressive. What's that the comedians say? If our marriage were a murder prison sentence, we'd be on parole by now. Well that's just mean. I prefer the less harsh... if our marriage was our kid we'd be driving him to University and making his bedroom into a home gym. Potatoes, potahtoes.

But you know the most telling thing that shows that we've been happily living together for so long? We just had a complete conversation in the bathroom while he was brushing his teeth. I mean, he was scrubbing his molars and "ahh-ah-wahha"-ing. He sounded like Chewbacca and I understood every word just like Han Solo. Now that's real love.

kxx

(PS: If you are reading this blog on Facebook and it's formatted strangely, you don't see photos or videos or the links don't work, click "view original post" above and come see me on blogger)

No comments: