Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ack! An emergency cake!


This is so typical. Elliott's last day in Middle School is Friday. On Tuesday, he tell's me that his friends "have all voted" and they want me to make their graduation cake. Who-what-now? Are you kidding me right now?

So watch me as I scramble trying to bake something half decent in a kitchen that's still ravaged by the fact that I haven't done a proper shop since we got back from our trip. It'll be a German chocolate number with chocolate ganache frosting. Sorry kids, no real decorations will be had but I can pipe something in white. That's all I got.

Oh, these kids. But I couldn't resist when he told me they voted for me. I'm too vain to resist. Sigh.

kxx


3 comments:

flask said...

i wouldn't worry about the decorations.

as far as i'm concerned, people ought to learn to like cake the way i like it: plain. unadorned.

what counts is that the cake itself is very, very good. it does not need to me tarted up.

(aside, unrelated: apparently you are today reading my blog at exactly the same time i am reading yours. that's kind of freaky.)

kyooty said...

He totally "worked" that one!!!:) hahhaha
Mine are done FRiday morning, YAY!!! no more 625am mornings :)

Catreona said...

I don't often feel this way, but reading this post my immediate reaction was, "Thank goodness I don't have kids!"

The cake will come out just fine. I agree that a cake doesn't need any more decoration than you're planning to give yours.