Thursday, June 24, 2010

Can you cook? Got a kick-ass BBQ sauce?

Like to read? Want to win a Chapters gift certificate?

My good friend over at the Chicken Farmers of Canada wants me to spread the news about a contest they're having. What? That's not a link to their website? That's a link to my commercial for them? Oops, my bad...

Anyway, every July 1 (Canada Day), they set up on Parliament Hill in Ottawa with a row of barbecues and dozens of coolers full of chicken, and spend the day dishing it out to the people on the Hill who are celebrating this great country. This year is no different, but they wanted to bring you in on the action as well. So, they’re holding a little contest with a bit of a barbecue theme. To enter, all you need to do is head to this page and give them your favourite BBQ sauce or spice rub recipe. They’ll randomly draw a winner from all those who enter, and the winner will receive a $500 gift certificate to Chapters for the ultimate cookbook shopping spree! I could do some serious damage at the bookstore with that, I can tell you.

The deadline is noon on July 1, 2010, and the full rules and regs are here.
Actually, I'd kind of like to see any recipes you enter... can you post them over here too? I'm a big fan of chicken with something sweet and savoury like maple and dijon. Mmmmm.... Get going, time's a-wastin'!

kxx

2 comments:

kyooty said...

These are the times, I miss living in Ottawa. BTW how did you fair out from the shake rattle and roll?

Karen Kaye said...

Hey kyooty!

Even though you can't be here, you should still enter the contest! Think of the wreckage you can do at the bookstore with $500! And it's random so it could be just ketchup and water PMPL!

The earthquake was so amazing. It was the most scary/exhilarating thing I've ever experienced. I was still shaking half an hour after! What made me laugh was the news. It was the top story and they had reporters in the field breaking in. Too funny! It must have been a slow news day...