Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I feel sorry for the kids of today.

Yes, they have the internet and cordless tv remote controls but we had Schoolhouse Rock. How else were you supposed to remember your grammar or times tables? In fact, my kids are terrible at math and I blame the fact that Schoolhouse Rock only exists on YouTube and dvd. That and the fact that they roll around on the floor pissing themselves with laughter asking "how did you ever watch this stupid stuff?" Morons.

When you were forced to watch these between cartoons on the only channel that even showed cartoons on Saturday morning (and then only from 8am till noon), you learned something, by gum. In fact, whenever I hear the end music after Bugs Bunny, I still sing this.

So, in keeping with my love of Schoolhouse Rock and the fact that I couldn't sleep last night until I sung this in its entirety, I give you my favourite Multiplication Rocks song:





And the close second:



kxx ("Hey, noun is a person place or thiiiiing!")

***If you are reading this on Facebook and it's formatted weird or the links don't show up, click "view original post" and read it on blogger*** 

3 comments:

kyooty said...

I love Lolly Lolly Lolly and 3 is a magic number. My boys have seen them all and enjoyed them. I didn't have Cable in my end of Canada so I never saw these until I movedout on my own and they came out on DVD in the USA. My husband mr "we have to own everything" grew up on this.

Catreona said...

I loved Schoolhouse Rock. Still have the Multiplication Rock LP around somewhere. Think 3 is my favorite. Couldn't believe how easily all the words came back. Great stuff!

My favorite Grammar Rock was always "Conjunction Junction."

Thanks for posting this.

The K Family said...

Oh the good ol' days.....