Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm running again.

For the past 3 days I've been going for a 30 minute jog before work in the morning. It makes me feel a whole lot less grouchy when the baby gets here. Frankly, for the past few months I don't know how Lisa was walking away from the baby with him in my grumpy arms with me grunting some excuse about not having my morning tea. Since Tuesday I've been made up, actually smiling and even preparing the house for the day. Yay me!

The days have been gorgeous. Even yesterday which saw most of the day in torrents of rain, the morning was humid and 28C. Just the way I like it. My route changes daily since there are so many beautiful runs around here. Yesterday I actually cried because the view from the lighthouse and the day were so pretty and I felt so strong. I must have looked like a total doofus. And have I mentioned that I hate running? Okay, maybe I don't. I think what I hate is trying to fit it into my life and running when it's cold/snowy/wet/windy/nighttime... whatever. The past 3 days have been absolutely perfect but I wish I'd started doing this earlier in the year. As it stands now I'll have one more month before one of the above excuses kicks in and I start eating and slobbing as if I was in training to win gold at the sloth Olympics.

Is it too much to ask for 4 more months of summer weather? Just until Christmas? What do you say mother Nature? Be a pal.

kxx

The lighthouse is at the point. I live about a 10 minute run down that road near the top of the photo.


This is Andrew Haydon park with trails all through. I can hardly believe all this gorgeousness is less than a 5 minute walk from my couch.


You see what I mean? Pretty, right? See you tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Catreona said...

Very pretty!

And I bet it's pretty in the snow too.

*duck and run*