Monday, September 27, 2010

Best. Weekend. Ever.

We had a really fun weekend at our Victorian house getaway. Friday we went to the beach an it was actually warm enough to enjoy it. I'd heard of Sandbanks but I'd never been. It sure was worth it. It went on for kilometres and there was actually a bit of surf.



The next day we split up and went a few different ways. My little posse discovered Buddha Dog and going there will definitely be an annual event. Next time we'll go there hungry to most take advantage of those tiny little gourmet hot dogs. I only had one (sweet onion and chevre) and everything on it was homemade from places around the region, right down to the meat and bun. Actually Buddhism and tube steaks remind me of that old joke:

What did the Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?
Make me one with everything.




We played lots of music, shopped, ate a lot of rich food and birthday cake and spent lots of time with old and new friends. We need to do this every year in order to decompress. I feel revived, and ready for this crazy house again.

kxx

No comments: