Monday, September 13, 2010

Embracing the geek in me.

After the embarrassing debacle where I tweeted to Leonard Nimoy asking why he ended each entry with "LLAP" (OMG, *phasermenow*), I felt my geek cred receptor inch back into the red zone when, during yet another viewing of Star Trek: Nemesis, I yelled at the screen "OMG, Riker, where did you learn how to fight? Risa?". For those of you who are non-Trek fans, it's like asking if you learned Krav Maga on Club Med. And how much do I love my family?... Scott and Elliott laughed.

Yes, people, I'm a geek again.

kxx

3 comments:

Teresa Dawn said...

Okay so I have no idea what you are talking about... never seen star trek, as far as I know, Nimroy is the guy that sings the song about Bilbo Baggins the Hobbit, I wouldn't know what LLAP means either, nor Club Med, nor Krav Mega... in otherwords, you lost me with this post LOL

kirsten said...

good grief Karen! Took me a minute but even I got that one! Sheesh! Turn in your geek card right now!

kirsten said...

However, to your credit, I didn't know wtf Risa was until I clicked on your link, so you're slightly vindicated.