Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback Friday!

My first ever post. The one that started it all on Wednesday 18th January 2006. Look how far I've come. Okay, not really but here are some of my feelings about this post all these years later:

Like:
  • I still sound like myself... kinda funny, kinda weird, and all about me. Start as you mean to go on, eh?
  • I just dove in, didn't I? I like that. I hadn't read a lot of blogs previously so I just went with whatever I wanted to do. 
  • I used the word "frisson". Ooooh, fancy. I feel like lifting my pinkie.
I wish I had:
  • thrown in a photo and more than one link.
  • started this blog here at blogger rather than over at MySpace. About 2 years in I decided to move each blog painstakingly over to this site so a lot of posts refer to that place. 
  • hidden more about my personal life. Little did I know that people would actually read this and I'd worry about the kids a little. Even though crazy things happen in Canada too, I may have taken a lot of posts down if I lived in the US.
  • explained why I decided to blog in the first place and properly introduced myself. But over the course of 4 years, you kinda know me by now.
So there you have it. My first ever blog. It was a sign of things to come, that's for sure. Crazy, crazy things. Thanks for coming along for the ride. Have a nice weekend!

kxx



1 comment:

flask said...

it's nice to be along for the ride.

one of the things that's good about your blog is that you just write what you feel like writing, which is what makes you interesting in the first place.

to many people in blog-land are writing what they think people want to read, or what they think will increase their readership, as if they really ARE going to drive up traffic and sell a lot of advertising.

yours is what i call an authentic voice.