Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm the mother of 3 and the wife of one


No thanks, Martha, there are far more important things to know than how to fold a flippin' fitted sheet. I also can't press a shirt in less than 30 minutes unless you want the creases ironed in, dust or sweep behind anything, or make a moist roast. Sorry. In your eyes I must fail the housewife test.

What I can do is fix my daughter's unruly hair so it looks gorgeous and ringletty, make my husband laugh until coffee comes out of his nose and make a birthday cake that looks like a dirty kitty litter box.

Where that puts me in the spectrum of good/bad mothers/wives I don't know, but what I do know is that I'm managing, thank-you-very-much. We all have our priorities and for me, folding sheets properly isn't one. Nor do I think that it ever will be. Ever. So nyah.

kxx


No comments: