Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yabba Dabba Doo!

The Google Doodle for today tells me that it's the 50th anniversary of the Flintstones today. I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite memories. Don't worry, we'll have a gaaaaaaaaay old time! Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • The Flintstones always came on at noon followed by the Jetsons. I'd always eat lunch at home, watch my two shows and go back to school. It was a perfect routine
  • My favourite episodes were the ones where they had guest stars like Ann-Margrock or Stony Curtis. The one where they had Darrin and Samantha from Bewitched and any episodes with the Gruesomes were particularly great. Oh and the one with Uncle Giggles. And when Dino talked. And the ones with Gazoo. And when Fred and Barney accidentally became spies. And the Hatrocks. And the Way-Outs. And Gina Lollobrickida. And when Fred dressed as Wilma for the cooking contest. Okay, I loved the Flintstones.
  • I hated the one where Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm could sing and the one where Pebbles grew up and married Arnold the paper boy in Fred's Rip Van Winkle style dream. Arnold was a douche.
  • I think The Flintstones jumped the shark when Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm came along.
  • The song "I Wanna Be A Flintstone" is the only song I can name by the Screaming Blue Messiahs
  • I absolutely loved the John Goodman movies
  • My favourite appliances were the pig garbage disposal and the bee in the shell shaver. I really thought that one would work. My dad was the one who explained to me that the buzzing isn't what cuts the hair
  • I still (and always will) sing the Flintstones anniversary song at every opportunity 

3 comments:

kyooty said...

Karakee Chop Chop!!! "This way good lookings" hahahaha

kyooty said...

I can't spell. Karate Chop Chop

Karen Kaye said...

"Good Lookings!" That was so funny!!