Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam...

The other day someone complimented my blog. She said something like "you are such a good writer... " and I interrupted her. "I'm not a writer", I said. But you know, I am.

I've been writing this almost daily for 4 years, I have quite a few followers and I can often turn an interesting phrase. If that doesn't make me a writer I don't know what does. But I was pretty quick to shoot her down when she said I was. I do that a lot.

Another example is when someone called me an athlete. I thought "that's a laugh" but then I realized I run, I dragonboat and have even competed in a couple of mini triathlons. Okay, so I'm no Marion Jones but I'm pretty fit. An athlete, even.

So I'm going to try to suck it up and take a compliment graciously if when I get one. It's just difficult as a woman and a lapsed Christian to not feel guilty and unworthy when the kudos come flying.

And just to prepare myself for the oncoming onslaught, besides being an athlete and a writer, I am also a baker and a knitter. Now, commence the backpats and flattery. I'm ready to take on all comers...

kxx

No comments: