Friday, November 5, 2010

Movie post today

I was listening to the radio this morning and the station's movie critic was reviewing Megamind. While he enjoyed it, he said it may be too clever for really little ones so he suggested you don't bring anyone under 6. Supposedly they just wouldn't get some references. One of the things he brings up is Megamind's sidekick:


The critic wondered how many people would get the reference that he was modelled after Robot Monster, the titular character from one of those terrible 1950s sci-fi movies along the lines of Plan 9 From Outer Space (which I love incidentally). According to the critic, they couldn't afford a robot costume so the director found a friend with a gorilla suit and plonked a diving helmet on his head. Seriously. I so had to see this.

One of the things that I love about computers is that when someone mentions something or asks a question that I don't know, I'm instantly online to find the answer. I had to find out what this Robot Monster movie was all about. So as I always say... "To the internet!"

Thanks to YouTube, this is the trailer for the classic that is Robot Monster. I realized after I watched it for the 4th time (and stopped crying with laughter... check out the futuristic bubbles at :43 and the rocket at :49) that I had to share this with my peeps. What a great way to start the weekend. This dvd is so going on my Christmas list.

No comments: