Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Do Not Call List

I love tv. If you've been reading this blog for more than a week, you know this. Our house has 4 tvs not counting the computers. I even have a tv in the kitchen. Oddly, I don't have one in my bedroom... the idea of watching tv in bed reminds me of being sick and getting the old black and white dragged in by my grumbling dad. Not enjoyable.

When the stories come on the news saying that television rots kids' brains and turns them into gooey blobs of quivering fat, my finger gets spasms and suddenly the channel gets changed. Huh. I'm of the mind that you let children have access to as much tv as they want so it won't be such an issue. Seriously, more often than not, my kids choose other activities. They don't get that from me, that's for sure.

We don't have an xbox, playstation or wii. Why? It takes up a valuable tv. We have a nice fireplace in the family room but I'd much rather have a giant screen hdtv in its place. I never know what time it is, only what's on at the time. Elliott leaves for school after Spongebob is over. Audrey comes home just before Star Trek is over. I like to have dinner eaten before Coronation Street starts and if I see the beginning of The Daily Show, I've stayed up too late.

My IRL friends know all this. There are certain times they know not to call. Or should I say certain shows:

  • Coronation Street
  • So You Think You Can Dance
  • Doctor Who
  • Thursday night
  • Project Runway
  • Glee
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • Modern Family
  • Walking Dead
  • Being Human
This is just the way I am. Do you want to strike fear in my heart? Suggest that I do that tv switch-off thing for seven days. I couldn't even do it for 7 hours. When we went to our wonderful family trip to Belgium, on many occasions I prayed that my pvr was still running. But I still managed to find and watch the season finale of Glee so there was that.

So please don't judge me too harshly. I still manage to run every day, keep a clean house, take care of an infant and cook for the family (thanks to my kitchen tv). I haven't become a 300 pound shut-in. Yet.

kxx


No comments: