Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Saying goodbye to another blog

First it was the cooking blog, now it's this 2:01 thing.

I thought that photo blog would be easy and it was at first but at the end it became a complete and utter chore. In the beginning when my alarm went off to take a photograph, I'd happily hop up and grab my camera, delighted at the prospect of another interesting snapshot of my life. By the end of this, the alarm would go and I'd groan and heave a sigh, thinking that maybe I'd take it later, effectively defeating the purpose of this blog in the first place. I knew 2:01 was seriously ill when I'd have a week's worth of photos stored in the camera and half-assedly post them all at once. I knew it was on life support when I'd spend 20 minutes searching around the house for a better representation of what I was doing at 2:01 than being on the internet or watching tv. I knew it was time to pull the plug when I realized that every Saturday at 2:01 I was at Costco and my daily life at 2:01 is just not that interesting. But I seem to manage to get up to all sorts at other times of the day.

So that's it. Say goodbye to 2:01. I can't say that I'm too sorry. Did I need another daily blog in my life? I mean family enjoys eating on a regular basis and wearing clean clothes for goodness sake. I'm free! Kinda. I mean I still have to keep this thing going, don't I?

kxx

3 comments:

April said...

Haha I feel your pain. I always get ideas for new blogs and now I have three...one of which hasn't yet been created and another that is often neglected.

flask said...

i only have the one blog. it's all i need.

as to what your life looks like at 2:01, one year i took a picture every day at 17:18. it was a long time ago.

i think now you understand why i decided to rotate my new project around the clock.

i am still taking pictures (my alarm will go off at 0500 tomorrow) even though i'm three months behind in clocking and processing.

no matter; as long as you have the pictures, you can always process them later. stop taking them, and you have nothing to process.

i am ten and a half months into the project and i only set out to do a year, but i may keep going, just to see where it takes me.

Karen Kaye said...

I admire you flask! I'm inspired by you and maybe I'll just do a "2:01 Tuesday" on this blog or something. Keep on going with yours! I love the photo montage that you post. I'm looking forward to the next one :o)