Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December!

I can finally start my lists. And oh, do I have a lot of lists. Lists of things to buy, lists of things I want, lists of stores that I have coupons for, lists of where I hide my lists... I'm in heaven. I thought I'd share with you a few lists of Christmas things I love. I thought I'd start with my favourite Christmas tv shows, movies and computer stuff. Ready?

Computer Stuff

  1. Ding Fries Are Done. What can I say? I'm easily amused
  2. Elf yourself. I giggle every time.
  3. NORAD tracks Santa. Even though the kids don't believe, I still get a thrill watching it
  4. Scared of Santa. Google it and prepare to waste an afternoon pissing yourself with laughter.
  5. Virtual Snowglobe. Why is shaking it and hearing the screams so satisfying?
TV
  1. A Charlie Brown Christmas. A classic.
  2. The Dr. Who Christmas Specials. It just isn't the holiday without the TARDIS and a sonic screwdriver.
  3. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. If you don't agree then your heart is 2 sizes too small.
  4. All those Rankin-Bass specials. Except for the Little Drummer Boy. Hate the song, hate the show.
  5. The Toronto Santa Claus parade. It's the way parades should be done.
Movies
  1. Scrooged. Bill Murray is so funny in this.
  2. A Christmas Carol. The one with Alastair Sim is my favourite. And the one with the Muppets, naturally.
  3. It's a Wonderful Life. "Don'cha know me Mary?"
  4. The Sound Of Music. Not Christmassy but they play it at this time so it's on the list.
  5. Miracle on 34th Street. The Natalie Wood version
  6. All the Santa Clause Movies. Tim Allen = hilarious
  7. About a Boy. Hugh Grant makes his money from royalties from a Christmas song (Santa's Super Sleigh). I love the Christmas dinner scene
  8. Love, Actually. So romantic!
  9. A Christmas Story. The dad's prize is Italian because it says "fra-gee-lay" on the box (fragile)
  10. The Nightmare Before Christmas. This movie is a true Christmas miracle.
  11. Elf. Seeing Will Ferrell in that costume is worth the price of admission.
  12. Fred Claus. I like Vince Vaughn so much and hearing him snark through this movie makes me happy.
So what are your Christmas favourites?

kxx


3 comments:

kirsten said...

I love Love, Actually too!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Love this photo! It's how Christmas makes me feel. :-)

Stephanie said...

Off to look at Scared of Santa. I could use a giggle!