Monday, January 31, 2011

Feeling like it's a Monday

Ordinarily I'm a fan of Mondays. I like getting back to a schedule after the loosey-gooseyness that is sleeping-in late, early hockey games, playdates and driving all over hell's half-acre to kids' activities. But today I'm feeling logy. The deadly combo of getting over a cold, the freezing temps (sunshine be damned) and general malaise has conspired to make me feel like vegging for a few hours. I'm not in a bloggy place today. So please enjoy these answers to a few questions that I found on another blog.


1. What do you put on your hot dog?
On a regular hot dog I like mustard, relish and onions. On a Montréal steamé, there's no other topping besides coleslaw.





2. Do you play Sudoku?
Are you kidding? That's brain work. Also, the numbers scare me. Yes, I'm aware that it can be done with stars, moons and clovers (mmm... Lucky Charms) instead of the numbers but I'm just puck-shy. Give me a crossword puzzle anyday.



3. What is your favourite vegetable?
Does a potato count? I never met a potato recipe I didn't like except for that nasty American sweet potato dish with the marshmallows... bile rising... easy, stomach...




Even this photo is nauseating...


4. Do you color your hair?
What hair? I did go crazy once when I was pregnant with Henry and thought I'd have more fun as a blonde. I blame the lethal cocktail of Beyonce and hormones.


This is me with Dennis Rodman hair and 30 extra pounds. Smiling on the outside, screaming, screaming, screaming on the inside.


5. What is your favorite brand of clothing?
My closet is filled with Ricki's clothes. It's the store brand of my favourite clothing. So flattering to women of a certain age and shape. Other than that, I like whatever brand makes me look cute. No easy feat. Trust me.


kxx

4 comments:

flask said...

whenever i see a blog post that's answers to some cute questionnaire taken from a different blog, i stop reading for the day, even if they're your answers.

fer pete's sake, if you feel like taking a day off, take a day off!

i only come here to read your stuff. if i want to look at the endless circle of link whoring sameness blogs, i can hit my "random" button.


it's YOUR voice that's interesting, no matter what "how to increase your traffic" blogs you read.

'coz when it comes down to it, a lot of "followers" are only followers like facebook friends are friends.


don't fall into the trap.

Karen Kaye said...

Thanks for that, flask! But I went and got myself into a place where I don't think I could consciously skip a day. So I subjected my peeps to this. Sigh... I tried to be as clever as I could, though LOL!

LisaDay said...

When I read the title about the hot dog I was thinking a steamie. Yah for you. Too funny about the Denis Rodman comment.

LisaDay

Karen Kaye said...

LisaDay, you are my new best friend. Un hot dog steamé with a side of poutine is my death row last meal. LOL!