Friday, February 11, 2011

At the risk of going into this weekend all morose,

today's flashback is from the day I got fired from my receptionist job. I tend to post quite cheerful blogs but this one is quite the departure. I really enjoyed this job and getting fired sent me for a loop. I didn't do anything wrong, but I was crap at billing which I wasn't told I had to master until after I was hired.

I actually still haven't totally recovered from getting the boot. I'd love to do that kind of job again. I met people, computed, did filing and generally took care of little odd jobs around the office. It was like being paid for being a mother. It definitely played to my strengths. Except for the billing part, that is.

Anyway, read my version of a depressed post.

http://kayeway.blogspot.com/2009/11/another-job-well-done.html

kxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that it still stings although of course it would. They could have offered you a quick training session to get you up to speed in that one little area. Sounds like they lost a smart, lively, sunny presence in the workplace, priceless qualities of course. How short-sighted of them, how dull the office probably is these days! Sorry it still hurts...

Gillian

JLR said...

Getting fired is the worst. Even if you hate your job and are trying to work up the courage to quit, it still really throws you. I guess billing is important, but to fire someone who loves her job seems like a mistake. How many people love their jobs?