Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Kaye Way Oscar extra!

I don't usually blog on Sundays but I just wanted to brag that I finally have watched all the Best Picture nominees in time for tonight's broadcast. Friday we saw True Grit and yesterday we saw The Social Network. Here are your haiku reviews:

Don't much like westerns
But Matt Damon was in it.
I'd watch that guy doze

Mark Z made Facebook
Or did he steal the notion?
Who cares? He's so weird.

So my final ranking for all 10 movies is as follows:

  1. The Fighter
  2. Inception
  3. True Grit
  4. 127 Hours
  5. The King's Speech
  6. Toy Story 3
  7. The Social Network
  8. The Kids Are All Right
  9. Winter's Bone
  10. The Black Swan
These are how I ranked them. For the record I think The King's Speech will win.

I'm so excited about the "party" and by party I mean the sitting-on-the-couch-with-Scott-watching-tv,-eating-munchies-and-drinking-champagne-while-Skyping-with-my-best-friend-Kathy-in-London event. You know, that kind of party.

Here's the menu:
  • Sushi
  • Paté & melba toast
  • Bacon jam topped brie
  • Strawberries
  • Cheese fondue
  • Cashews
  • Lemon tarts
  • Doughnuts
  • Chocolate pretzels
  • Popcorn
  • Red Bull (the show runs waaaay past my bedtime)
  • Champagne and fresh squeezed orange juice (the breakfast of champions)
I think that's enough for one person. And of course I'll share with Scott who'll keep me company when he comes home from hockey at 10pm. He'll need all his energy for the constant stream of ridiculous comments he'll undoubtedly make during the telecast. Can't wait for that. I could blog them for you tomorrow. You'll see...

Anyway, enjoy the show as I know I will. Tomorrow will be a fun workday as I battle a raging headache and terrible indigestion. But I know Hollywood appreciates my sacrifice.

kxx


No comments: