Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sometimes I wish...

I wish I was smarter in math and politics.
I wish I didn't care so much about pop culture.
I wish I was 30 pounds lighter.
I wish I was famous.
I wish I'd win big in the lottery.
I wish I had narrow feet.
I wish I had an iPhone.
I wish I had a clawfoot tub.
I wish I liked dogs.
I wish I was more charitable.
I wish winter had feet and feet of snow but was only 2 weeks long.
I wish I was a better swimmer.
I wish I was less of a doormat.
I wish this list was harder to write.
I wish I liked camping.
I wish I drank coffee.
I wish I had a better idea for a blog.
I wish I was better travelled.
I wish Neil Patrick Harris would just call already.
I wish my friend Kathy lived in my time zone.
I wish I knew how to decorate and landscape.
I wish I knew what I want to be when I grow up.
I wish I had a monthly standing date with "the girls".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling depressed or anything but I'm just kind of covetty today. I am grateful for tons of things like my health, the fact that my arms and legs work well enough to run and run. I love that I have a family that makes me laugh hard and sometimes I'm so happy with them I get choked up. I love that I can bake nice tasty things and that one day my kids will tell their spouses that their cookies aren't "like my mother used to make". Ha! It's just that some days the grass is greener, isn't it? It's nice to think of what you could have if that genie came smoking out of her bottle with unlimited wishes, right?

kxx

2 comments:

LisaDay said...

Why doesn't he call, dammit?

LisaDay

Swadhi said...

Always good to have a few wishes up your sleeve to bust out whenever a shooting star sneaks up on you...:D

I love the clawfoot tub wish, so unique!