Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To fake confidence, JUST SPEAK LOUDLY!

Sometimes all it takes to write a good blog is confidence. You sit down at the computer, staring at the empty "compose" box and make it your bitch. You scream at the screen, "Box, you don't know me! You can't intimidate me! I see your empty unblinking eye staring at me. But you know what? I've got one thing to say to you... Compose Box, you are NOT the father!!" Wait. What?

Right. We were discussing confidence in writing. You have to just start putting things down even though you may not know where they are going to take you. Later you can go back and edit, but at first you just have to blurt it all out. At least that's what I've been told by real writers. Well, not that I know any real writers, just dabblers like me, but still. It holds true.

So after all that rambling, did you get the inkling that maybe I had no idea what I was going to write about when I sat down? Well you'd be right. And didn't I come up with an amazing piece of literature right before you? I didn't? Well I, uh... yeah. So, there you go. Like I said. Confidence. To centre an entire blog around absolutely nothing.

kxx

2 comments:

kyooty said...

random up your Tuesday, go see Keely then all those tiny thing you almost post? or think are just too tiny to post as a full blog post? look like they are all planned random. Happy RTT

LisaDay said...

So true. Sometimes the best thoughts are ones that come pouring out while a deadline is creeping up on you.

LisaDay