Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We saw Inception on the weekend

Knocking down our Oscar movies little by little. Actually we were in line at the multiplex to get tickets for True Grit. The two guys ahead of us asked for the same movie and when it was our turn, the girl said it was sold out. Are you kidding me? There was no other Oscar movie before 9:30 so we just decided to go home and watch one of them on the digital box. I'm aware that needing to see a movie before 9:30pm or we'll be passed out asleep on the sticky floor makes us old fogies but it is what it is.

So Inception. Why did I wait so long to see this movie? It was incredible! I was put off by people saying it would confuse me and that I had to pay super close attention or I wouldn't get it. Um, I'm a sci-fi fan. Yes, I'll admit that some Star Trek episodes have me scratching my head when the talk about time travel, temporal anomalies and worm holes but this movie had none of that. It was easy to understand. You just had to keep the dream layers straight and that was pretty clear since in one layer it was raining, one layer was in a hotel and one was in the snow. Come on, people, I'm not as dumb as I look.

The cinematography was to die for. When that kid from Third Rock From The Sun was having that zero gravity fight, I was freaking out the whole time. And if they don't get an award just for when that kid from Juno was experiencing the dream place for the first time I'll be pissed. And why are movies chock full of kids nowadays?

So, here's my haiku movie review of Inception:

It's not confusing
If you just pay attention
Give me some credit



kxx

No comments: