Monday, March 21, 2011

Again?

Oh, come on. Yesterday I was minding my own business when I realize that my sinuses are starting to fill up. Really, fate? You want to do this to me again? I've had very good luck in my life when it comes to colds. They've never lasted more than a few days and I've never, ever had the flu. But this cold thing is driving me nuts. This is my 3rd since the year started. In case you haven't been paying attention, it's March. Ugh. I've been in a fog all day and I could probably sleep for the night as of right now. I want my mummy. Oooh and some chicken soup. I could murder a bowl of chicken soup.

I think my immune system crashed like a drunken teenager around the time I gave the cashier my debit card to pay for Audrey's first ever bra. She'd been wearing innocuous sports bra things for the last year or so but Saturday she asked for a real bra. With cups. When she put it on, she looked like a 12 year old girl in a bra. It really suited her. Honestly, I was kind of expecting her to look like those little girls who dress up in their mothers' high heels, shoes and makeup but truth is, it looked good and really grown up. And I felt really grown up buying it for her.

So as I paid for the pretty white bra with the multicoloured butterflies, my immune system took the low road, decided to be a drama queen and socked me in with yet another cold. Traitor. And just when I was trying to be all uncharacteristically adult about this too.

So now I'm going to lie down with rolled up kleenexes in my nostrils and wait for a realistic time to go to bed for the night.

kxx

No comments: