Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last day of school

Look ma, I've changed!

The last few years on the last day of school, I've posted how afraid I was of the kids being home, of how they'd start in with the "I'm boreds" within seconds and about how I couldn't wait for school to start again even though they'd been off for less than a couple of hours. It's true. Go see. I'll wait.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

See? Well for some reason, this year it's different. Maybe because they're older. I'm excited for the kids to be here with me all day. We're going to have such a ball! I've got such plans... beach, zip lines, rafting, movies... I can't wait! Yes, they will get bored and I have rags and buckets for those occasions. The car and their rooms always need attention if they're looking to me for ideas on what to do. Other than that I feel a bit like Julie from the Love Boat. I always wanted to be her. The Cruise Director of a big important ship. Yeah, the SS Kaye. Toot Toot!


So if you'll excuse me, I've got to make more plans. The kids are circling around the computer like a school of sharks. Hey, I inadvertently kept the seafaring analogy going. Look at me... I'm a writer.

kxx

No comments: