Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Massive thanks!

The Dragonboat Festival on the weekend was incredible. Our club teams did really well winning a gold and 2 bronze medals. The day was glorious. Cool in the shade, warm (but not hot) in the sun, no humidity... perfect. There were a couple of flies in the ointment, though. We had a brisk 5 second head wind that messed with our times and we had a near disaster when another boat hit and nearly tipped us but it was amazing, fantastic fun. I can't wait to do this again at the Dragonboat World Crews in Toronto in a few weeks.

Now how's that for not boring my non-dragonboat readers by going on and on about it? I have to admit I had to edit the above paragraph to within an inch of it's life but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh one more thing. I want to that my donors from the bottom of my heart. The festival is a blast but it's also a charity event and I want to personally thank:

Lisa, Sean and Holden
Michelle
My daddy
And someone anonymous... who does that? Take the credit, you nut! But it's fantastic and I thank you generous stranger!

I can't tell you how happy I was to receive your donations and know it goes to great causes around the city. Because of you I was able to walk around with 3 clanking medals around my neck. And if you missed out this year, not to worry. There'll be another chance next year at around this time, just stick around. Love you lots,

kxx



This was the view from the stage when we got awarded one of our medals:



*** Watching as the bird that was trapped in your chimney for 24 hours fly out the window and land on a tree across the street = AWESOME! ***

No comments: