Thursday, June 9, 2011

Okay, I'm going to do it.

I only do it once a year and never any other time but I'm going to ask. I'd like to put in a request for donation for my dragonboat team. We are the Dunrobin Dames and to be frank, we are really good. We medal at nearly every competition we enter and although we have an average age of 47, we are a force to be reckoned with. This year we're even going to compete in the Dragonboat World Crew Championships in Toronto next month.

This is us.


This is us in action.


We look good, eh?

So we're asking for donations to help lots of local charities. Check out the website for details. The race is on Father's Day weekend and we've been training like mad women. Today we had the craziest practice. The waves were ridiculous and we were drenched when we were done. But when you love something, a shitty day doesn't faze you. And we love paddling.

So here's the link. In the drop box, under "choose a team to donate..." click on ORCC Dames. Please use it to donate if you are so inclined. No pressure but know I'll do the traditional shout-out to my generous donors on Friday the 17th. Thank you in advance and I promise never to do this to you again. Until next year, that is...

kxx


No comments: