Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I don't think you know

On Wednesday night I leave for the UK. I'm going to be a godmother for the second time to my "cousin" and his christening is Sunday. Cousin is in quotes because our relationship is so complicated I have to have it slowly explained to me complete with genealogical diagrammes every time I see him. Basically we're related on my dad's side, with my best friend forever thrown into the mix for good measure. Now that's another long story.



Anyway, I leave Wednesday for the shortest trip I've ever taken over there. I arrive back on these shores on Monday afternoon. Because this trip is so short, my BFF Kathy has filled my time with activities including a lunch with her workmates as soon as I touch down (I'm assuming with my suitcase in tow), shopping trips and cupcake baking. And of course the baptism. Besides that auspicious event, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is the Doctor Who Experience. I'm beside myself with joy.

I've not been a fan of Doctor Who for long. I'd watched the odd episode from behind my couch when I was a kid but it wasn't until the recent revamp that my love took off. I can't get enough of it. When I found out that there was an exhibit on in London for a limited time I resigned myself to to not going. Then my favourite cousin was destined to be christened and the stars all lined up. I'm beyond excited.



Years ago I went to the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas and it was fantastic. It was part ride, part museum exhibit and all amazing. Even my sister-in-law, who came with us and had only seen a handful of original series episodes, still talks about it. Kathy is in for a massive treat. Only she doesn't know it yet. And isn't that the best kind of surprise?



I know you're reading this Kathy... you'll have a ball, I promise or I'll repay your entry fee. See you Thursday!

kxx

No comments: