Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Well, this is a new one.

Scott and I have been talking about getting a trampoline all summer. It's great cardio and the kids would get a kick out of it. We have plenty of room in the backyard and it seemed like a nice idea. Then summer got in the way, we got busy with activities and we just plain forgot.

Last week I got a Canadian Tire flyer in my inbox where trampolines were 35% off. Plus you got a $50 gift card.  So today we packed the kids up and made a trampoline run.



***no need to insert the comedy montage of us installing things upside down, fast-motion chasing each other with socket wrenches or shrugging comedically over handfuls of spare screws... we actually did pretty well and installed it completely farce-free in a couple of hours ***

Anyway, onto my indignity. I was having the inaugural bounce once it was all up and I noticed... well... I'm just going to put it out there. I was peeing a little everytime my feet hit the mat. Oh, happy day. So what's that make it? Laughing, coughing, sit-ups, just plain holding a full bladder and now this. Time to put on my big girl (waterproof) panties and buy those Depends.

This getting old thing is getting old.

kxx

1 comment:

Jimfavreur said...

There should be a disclaimer at the top to make sure no one is drinking coffee or any other form of liquid before reading this. As soon as I got to the bottom, I laughed so hard that I spit my coffee all over my screen. LOL. On a side note, I have been thinking of getting a trampoline myself for the family. Are there any other tools besides socket wrenches that I would need to get. Thanks again for the great laugh.