Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Some people eat the big dinner on Sunday, and some today. Due to other commitments, we're having ours today sandwiched between a hockey game and a cadet band practice. A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do.

So the menu for today is turkey, stuffing, roasted potatoes, Caesar salad, macaroni and cheese (an anomaly, I know) and apple pie for dessert. I know, right? Watch me go all traditional on Thanksgiving's ass. We're not having that gross sweet potato pie with the marshmallows on top. Can I get a yuck on that? We all agree on the vileness that is cranberry sauce and really, anything green (besides salad), is just asking for table whining and idle threats. "Eat that broccoli or else", "Just one more bite and you can leave the table". UGH. Why not just feed them what they like and give thanks for a pleasant dinner? Am I right?

Have a good one!

kxx

No comments: