Monday, October 31, 2011

Hi everyone!

Can I say that now that I've decided to blog less, I feel more free and happy? I thought I'd be obsessed with it but I barely give it a second thought. Of course I feel a bit guilty when I haven't written in a while so here I am today. Hi!

So today is Halloween and I've spent enough blog space talking about my feelings on it. In a word (or a sound) meh. I still have kids to deal with but they're old enough to go out with their friends and leave Scott and me here to dole out candy to the greedy neighbourhood kids. Works for me.



Now, that doesn't mean to say that I didn't thoroughly enjoy The Rocky Horror Picture Show performance Saturday night. When I first heard of the 11:45pm start time I completely baulked, to be honest. I actually looked for an earlier show, knowing that 11:45 on Saturday night ordinarily is 15 minutes before falling-asleep-in-front-of-Saturday-Night-Live time. Thankfully, I was publicly named and shamed on Facebook by my buddy Nancy (hi Nancy!) into sticking to the original plan.



After the movie (and please see this awful flick in the theatre and not on dvd, for the love of God... it's all about the atmosphere) which is more of a cross between a play, Broadway musical and a good old fashioned food fight, we went straight home to bed. At 3:30am. I felt like a teenager. A teenager who soberly went to a midnight movie and came straight home. A boring, friendless, boring teenager.

We slept in until 10am Sunday morning. How embarrassing. But you know what? I love my bragging rights that we did this in the first place and I'm so looking forward to doing it again next year. But it begs the question: When did we get so flipping old?


kxx

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

So whaddya go as? Hmmmm - I am guessing Magenta. You strike me as a Magenta...