Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm so lucky

I spent a little time on Facebook examining my friends' pages. I went to school with a lot of successful people. A couple of jobbing actors, a radio personality, and even a national news anchor. I have friends who've travelled the world and friends who live abroad in really wonderful places. Places I've always wanted to visit let alone live.

At first I felt kind of jealous looking at the photos of all my friends with really amazing lives and even better stories. Then I snapped out of it and realized how lucky I am. I have a great husband, (usually) fun, healthy kids, a great house, a nice job, a car and tons of shoes. So what if we don't have a pool or a maid? Who cares if we can only afford to holiday together every couple of years? We crack each other up, we like each other's company (and that's saying a lot what with a 15 year old boy in the mix) and we always have each other's backs. And that's what's important, right?

That and maybe having that maid...

kxx

No comments: