Saturday, May 26, 2012

Best. Manicure. Ever.


Yesterday at preschool it was Teacher Appreciation Day. The children and our fearless director secretly planned a wonderful day for us teachers that included massages (the children rolled toy cars on our backs... so funny), "soothing" face masks where I ended up having mud pack in my ears that I only found once home (after grocery shopping all afternoon) and the above-mentioned manicures. I kept telling them to make sure the polish "went on the pink and not the brown" as they wielded those lacquer laden brushes toward every part of my hand. It was amazing. I was invited to a party last night and instead of taking the polish off, I put a coat of long-lasting topcoat over it and wore that polish proudly. I was eager to talk about my fabulous pamper day to everyone who noticed my wacky nails.

We got flowers, got to sit in streamer decorated chairs and had our drink orders taken. The kids gave us home made cards as well. In my career as a teacher, I have never ever felt more appreciated. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love this job.

kxx




1 comment:

Debra said...

It sounds like you had a great day. Following from Follow Friday 40 & Over. Have a great weekend. Debra