Thursday, June 14, 2012

I lost my cell phone

Thank goodness it's a stupid phone and not one of those cool smartphone. Because of that I was really in no hurry to get it back. It literally only has phone numbers in it and a handful of terrible (and I mean terrible) photos in it.

Anyway, Audrey and I had gone to Dairy Queen, I phoned home to tell Scott our ETA and left it on the table. I hadn't even noticed it was gone until I got a phone call from it that evening.

The little girl was very sweet, she assured me that it'd be there waiting for me when I was ready to pick it up. The next afternoon I went in and got it (resisting another Blizzard), thanking the boy behind the counter.

When I got home, I checked it out, intending to see if there were any calls made to Singapore or Mumbai. I turned it on and proceeded to laugh my butt off. The staff had taken a photo of themselves and even changed the caption on the bottom to read "Gotta love DQ". How fantastic!

I called them back to thank them again for delivering it to me safely, even though I think it was safe more because it was modern stone age tech. I also told them that I'm not deleting that photo for the time being because it tickled me so much.

So if you are in the mood for a cool treat, I suggest you go to Dairy Queen. The staff is young and kind and have a sense of humour which is way above and beyond the call of duty for a rinky dink minimum wage summer job employee.

kxx

No comments: