Monday, July 23, 2012

Wicked...

I've talked about it to death on Facebook and in person and I realized I hadn't blogged about it so here I go. Audrey and I saw the show Wicked on Saturday. I had heard a lot about it but never had the chance to see it. It was super expensive, but oh hell, was it worth it. The show made The Wizard Of Oz movie seem like a poorly thought out sequel. The show explains everything. Where the witches came from, how the Tin Man, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion came about and even where the rogue cyclone sprang from that sent Dorothy's house flying. Why the broom, hat and outfit, the ruby slippers... everything. So, so great! Okay, I'm done.



Let's see... what else happened this past week? I had a few dragonboat practices... well, they ended up being outrigger canoe paddling since we never seem to have enough people and we didn't want to waste the trip. Beautiful weather for being on the water, though.



I baked some cupcakes and challah to take to my sister-in-law's cottage because we were going up and you can't show up and sit around people's beaches without treats.



I had a great experience at the Apple store when I told them I lost the little silicone thingies on the ends of my earbuds and after saying there was nothing they could do since they don't sell them separately, my new best friend Ashraf went to the back and gave me a set. Gratis. The tight squeeze he got in the middle of the busy store was a surprise to both of us and a colossal embarrassment to Audrey. What could I do? I'm a hugger.



I went to the local reptile zoo and held some of their precious specimens. Check this out...


And last but not least, I organised my shoe closet. Yes, I have a shoe closet. I had previously just had the shoes in their boxes with a photo of what's inside on the front. Because the boxes were different sizes, it was precarious and frankly, a mess because of the shoes that didn't come in boxes that were strewn everywhere. Costco to the rescue! They had 12 clear bins for $17.99 and after a bit of calculating, I walked out of there with 4 sets. They're not all one pair to a bin, mind, squashy shoes like my Toms, water shoes and flipflops are roomies but they're not crammed in. And I can see them all. Taking the ones from the bottom is a cinch too since the bins are light so I can just lift the column up and slide out the ones I want. Can you tell I'm ridiculously proud of this? And just to clarify, the photo isn't of all the shoes. There's another small closet above that looks the same.


So what was your week like?

kxx

2 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

Holy shoe closet...WOW!

I loved Wicked as well, went a few years ago and was mesmerized!

Reggie said...

Not even the tiniest spider would I think to hold.