Tuesday, August 21, 2012

At 2:01 today I was...



Shopping with Audrey. We had just taken a break and gotten a drink at David's Tea. Hers was birthday cake flavoured (ick), mine was "main squeeze", a citrussy concoction that makes me very happy.

We do a lot of bonding while shopping and I have to say that it really works for us. We talk a lot more at the mall than we do at home. Here her nose is always in her iPod or she's locked in her room. It's weird to say but I miss her a lot when she's here. At the mall we talk about hair and clothes and laugh and really get to know each other. We don't have to spend any money (but we do... did you really think we didn't?) but we have a really good time every time. Even if it's a short trip for a necessary item like this was.

I hope she remembers these little forays to the store forever. I know I will treasure them since in a few months she'll be in high school and I won't be able to pay her to spend time with me at the mall in case someone sees her.

kxx

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Oh Karen, I hear you...especially the part about missing her when she's at home. Treasure these moments with her, they'll be gone before you know it. My daughter, Livie, moved to Cornwall in May, and it's been impossible to get down there to visit, so I haven't seen her since then. I miss having her around to share my daily happenings, and texting can only convey so much.