Tuesday, September 18, 2012

At 2:01 today I was...



Baking! Today was another day off for me for Rosh Hashana and after "wasting" yesterday by doing absolutely nothing, I decided to bake for my upcoming girl's weekend in wine country. I usually stay for the whole weekend but my niece is getting married Saturday so I have to zoom back home after one night. At least I have Friday. It'd be such a shame to miss it since this is year 4 for us and I'm one of the founding members. Looks like I'll just have to cram all the drinking, eating, shopping and my special yearly bath (in the giant clawfoot tub) all into one night.

So today I baked some savoury muffins made with cheese, bacon and green onions. They pissed me off to no end when they stuck to the cupcake paper I used. I managed to salvage 12 and not throw them against the wall but it was touch and go. The rest look awful with blue and white checked paper fused to their hulls. Not my best work.

I also made a batch of what's called "Slutty Brownies". How could I not make them after seeing that name? And oh hell, are they rich. And good. And fattening. A layer of cookie dough, a layer of Oreos and a layer of brownie? Even though I'm indifferent to chocolate, I couldn't help scarfing down two of them.

And of course I had to make 2 batches of each treat because my family has started getting awkward about my baking for others and not them. So basically it's double the work. They're lucky I like them.

kxx

No comments: