Monday, April 29, 2013

What's new?

Okay, that was weird... as I typed the title, someone said "what's new" on tv. Spooky. I'd like to say that was a sign that this post is going to be incredibly insightful but that would be an assumption on my part that you've never read this blog before. In short, it ain't gonna be.

So, what's new in my life you ask?

  • Archie. Man, that cat is adorable. I've talked enough about her. So here's a bunch of photos!









  • I started watching and loving The Voice. Are you kidding? How much fun is this show? Why has no one ever told me to watch it before?
  • Doctor Who. yes, you all know I love the show but did you know I haven't been loving this part of the season? At least until this last episode Journey to The Centre Of The TARDIS. How can I put this? Holy shit.
  • Work is not new, I'm still at the preschool. But I laugh every day at that place. This morning I walked past the office and saw 4 of my co-workers belting out Aerosmith's "Don't want To Miss a Thing". After about 5 seconds of wondering whether or not I was still sleeping, I joined in. I love my job.
  • I watched the new reboot of All My Children this afternoon. Twice. I like it but they aged all the little kids to teens/adults and my old lady brain couldn't keep those whippersnappers straight. I plan to try again tomorrow.
  • Dragonboat practice starts tomorrow!
So that's pretty much it for new stuff. It actually is pretty great that nothing earth-shattering has happened. I just like to plod along with life at varying, yet safe, speeds. It makes for less stress than if I was ricochetting fromexcitement to excitement willy-nilly. That said, I like to live vicariously through my friends at work, often asking what fun, cool "single girl" things they got up to on the weekend. Why do they usually say "nothing"? I know there's fun to be had when I'm not around...

kxx

1 comment:

Kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts said...

I enjoy reading your writing, Karen, and you always make me laugh. Even if it's about nothing earth-shattering. Today it was "about 5 seconds of wondering whether or not I was still sleeping"--snort!

Love your cat eye photo. Come take a photo of a piece of pizza that makes it look good?