Friday, May 3, 2013

What to do?... What to do?...

Through a series of unfortunate events, I find myself with an extra hour this morning. Usually I slavishly run through the park every morning. Yesterday I forgot my running shoes at work after an aborted attempt to use their gym. My clouded with sleep mind couldn't think of anything else to do this morning but get ready for work anyway. Here are the options I should have entertained:

  1. Go the eff back to bed. D'uh...
  2. Go to work early and get some classroom programming done
  3. Go to work, pick up those gym clothes and work out at the gym there
  4. Do some laundry
  5. Work on my Comic-con costume
  6. Read quietly
  7. Meditate
  8. Make a leisurely hot breakfast instead of my usual nasty protein shake
  9. Dust
  10. Give myself a manicure
The list goes on and on. What did I actually decide to do?
  1. Go online.
We have a winner, folks.

So what would you do with a bonus hour? Please tell me you'd me more productive than frigging Candy Crush...

kxx


2 comments:

Farm Fresh Feasts said...

Karen,
This sounds so dumb, but since you asked, I write. I did not realize, starting this blogging thing, how much the writing aspect would appeal to me. I like the figuring out ways to use the CSA farm share veggies, and I like the cooking, and I am even starting to like the results of my photography . . . but I like to sit down with a pad of paper and a pen and say stuff, stuff that is tangentially related to the recipe I am sharing that day.

Who knew?

So with an extra hour in the morning before anyone wakes up and demands such frivolity as breakfast, I write. Or, if the words aren't coming, I update my visual recipe index which means I'm coding. Or uploading my recipes to Tastespotting/FoodGawker/Recipenewz/Tasteologie to share with a wider audience.

Who knew, indeed.

I would like to try and play a FB game, though, they sound fun.

Karen Kaye said...

Isn't it funny that something we used to hate in school gives us so much pleasure now?