Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Confession time

Most of you know I don't like coffee. I love the smell but the taste... Yuck. How can you people drink that stuff? Anyway, instead I drink tea. I like it a lot. I prefer "regular" tea and not herbal and I like it every way possible from all black to two creams two sugars (double double). I'm not crazy about iced tea.



Here's the confession. If you told me I could never drink tea again, I'd be okay with it. Why? Because I don't love it. I think I only drink it just to kill time. To make a stop at Timmy's while I'm on my way somewhere. To keep my hands busy when I'm bored. I love the ritual of making a cup of tea and the minutes before I take the first sip so I don't burn my mouth. Finally when it's the perfect temperature, I love that very first sip. After that I'm pretty much done. I don't know how many times I've let a cup of tea go cold because I've forgotten it after a couple of sips. Or found a full mug of tea days later in a weird place. Isn't that strange?

It's also not much of a confession. It's nothing like admitting that I killed a man in Reno just to watch him die (What? A Johnny Cash reference from me? There's a confession that I'll save for another day) but there you go.

Any weird little confessions you want to share with the class?

kxx

1 comment:

Farm Fresh Feasts said...

I still like Coke Zero, even though I know it's just wrong for me on so many levels, it doesn't stop me from having a glass nearly every afternoon.

Hanging head in partial shame, but you know, if this is my worst vice (and yeah, I recycle or return the bottles) . . .