Friday, July 26, 2013

Here's another one right under the wire

I forgot until just now to write a Friday post. Here it is but it ain't pretty...

I'm wearing 13 Silly Bandz on my right wrist right now. Why? I heard somewhere that there is a trend now to wear a rubber bracelet on your arm and every time you complain about something, you transfer it to the other wrist. I figured instead of buying one of those Livestrong type bracelets that the movement demands (I think their colour is purple), I'd just use what I (I mean Audrey) already have (has?). And instead of transferring it back and forth, I'd just move one band over to the other arm to actually see the number of times I complain in a day.
There are the bracelets. And look at how cute she was still sucking her thumb at 12...

I've been doing it 2 days already and I haven't moved even one over. I call bullshit. I think what's happening is one of 2 things. One. I haven't run into anyone outside the kids and Scott and frankly, complaining to them is useless. They've heard all my nonsense before. The other thing is that I may complain so damn much that I don't even notice I'm doing it. I think that may be the problem here. I may complain the way I eat. Quickly and in a slight fugue state so that I don't even notice I'm doing it. That's why I'm so fat shapely. It's hard to catch yourself doing something you do so well even though it may not be good for your health.

I'll keep you updated on the experiment as things develop. In the next few days I'll be visiting family and having dragonboat practices so there'll be plenty of whining opportunities. I'll be interested to see how many Silly Bandz I have left after Sunday's practice when they're calling for rain and the coach drives us like we're paddling a Roman warship...

kxx

1 comment:

Errant said...

it almost sounds like you're complaining that you don't complain enough, have nobody to complain to and may have missed an opportunity to catch yourself complaining...only you.