Thursday, August 8, 2013

Road trip!

Tomorrow we are going to visit Elliott at camp. He's 5 hours away near Barrie at cadet camp. He has called 3 times, all in the first 2 weeks he was gone so we haven't heard from him in almost a month. I thought he'd call for Scott's birthday, but what are you going to do? He's a 17 year old boy away from his family for the whole summer. I'm trying to let it go. Acknowledged (deep breath in) and.... released (deep breath out).



Anyway, I don't care about why we are going on the trip, just sleeping in a hotel/motel/B&B is the treat. I don't even care what the place looks like, as long as when I look out the window I don't see the neighbour's house (no offense Willie and Deb). So Barrie here we come.



We plan to take Elliott off base for the whole day Sunday, return him that night and continue on for 2 days to Manitoulin Island where Scott and I got married. We haven't been back there for 20 years, and I'm looking forward to taking the kids to see all the places that meant so much to us. I can hear them now... "I'm bored", "Is this it?", "Don't they have WiFi?" (oh wait... that last one was me).



So, all that is to say that I probably won't be able to post tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately, that means you won't be able to wish me a happy 46th birthday on Saturday and shower me with love, praise and gifts. Please feel free to do so in my absence and I'll catch up with all your adoration asap.

Have a great next few days and I'll see you when I get back.

kxx

No comments: