Friday, November 8, 2013

Rethinking the squirrel.

Coming out of work today, I saw 2 squirrels trying to eat stuff out of the dumpster. Not that weird, actually until you realize that squirrels are rodents. Honestly, they must have a great PR department because all they need is a shaved tail, and we'd be screaming and running away from the damned things. Think about it...

Huge rat-like creatures cavorting and chasing each other around your local park. Giant toothy mammals climbing trees and stealing from your bird feeder. Imagine them as rats, people. And squirrels are everywhere. Gives you shivers, doesn't it?

Fluffy tail = cute. Shaved tail = vermin.

I don't make the rules, but I'm creeped out by squirrels far more than rats. Granted the only rats I've ever seen were available for purchase, but still. A wild animal that has such free reign of the great outdoors? I'd just keep my eye on them, is all. Their fluffy tails could be a smokescreen to keep you from seeing what they really are. The "cute" and visible face of the rodent conspiracy. You've been warned.

kxx


PS: I just re-read this post, and it's completely nuts (I guess that pun was intended). Sorry. Weird day...

No comments: