Thursday, November 7, 2013

The anti-Rob Ford

Many of you have heard about the embarrassing mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford who stoops to lower and lower depths of humiliating behaviour on a daily basis. I won't go through it all here (I couldn't, I'd break the internet) but here's a nice antidote to that ass-wipe's antics.



On my drive in to work this morning, I couldn't believe my eyes when I stopped at a red light in front of a bus stop. Who did I see fishing tickets out of his pocket for the oncoming bus? Ottawa mayor Jim Watson. No entourage (in fact there was no one else at the stop) no fanfare, just a guy with his briefcase on his way to a probably boring public service job.



As I was stopped right in front of him, I rolled down my window and yelled "Hey Jim, do you want a lift?" and he replied "It's okay, it's right behind you!" The light changed, and I drove off.

How cool was that? A normal, regular guy and not at all alcohol or crack addled like some other mayors I could mention. Thank goodness he didn't get into my car, though. The drive to City Hall would have made me crazy late for work.

kxx

No comments: