Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Be nice

That's my New Year's Resolution. I've come to the realization that in my old age I've become sarcastic, and passive-aggressive. I'm also a bit of a control freak, (but I do it in the nicest way). So this year I've decided to try to be nice. Genuinely nice.

If you met me you'd think I have a positive attitude and am bubbly, kind and full of life. You'd be mistaken. Under that thin veneer of syrupy sweetness, there's a swirling bitterness. A childish toddler who throws a tantrum and inwardly seethes and whines until she gets what she wants. I pout and hold grudges. Internally. And it's not pretty.

So I resolve to simply be nice deep down too.

  • I will try not to wish people's heads would explode a la Scanners when they simply don't put that grocery divider on the belt (even though you are supposed to put it BEHIND your purchases, asshat)
  • I will try not to cross my arms and blink Jeannie-style to disappear someone when I get cut off in traffic. And yes, I'm aware that shutting my eyes and taking my hands off the wheel makes me a hazard on the road but that's another resolution.
  • I will try not to get exasperated with people who ask me to repeat myself because as much as I don't like to admit it I sometimes mumble or speak while looking at a pretty thing I see in my periphery
So if I encounter you in 2014, please be gentle. I may be trying super hard not to blow you up or disappear you. But all you'll really notice is that I'm being nice.

kxx 
PS: I've been told that frequently there are links in this blog that don't show up anywhere other than blogger. Please read my blog at http://kayeway.blogspot.ca/ if you are having trouble seeing the fun little extras that I tend to post.


No comments: